Our Valuation Process
As an independent third party expert, we provide valuations based on the most sophisticated appraisal and financial techniques. In valuing tangible and intangible assets under a going concern or any liquidation scenario, BIA/Kelsey uses the three most widely accepted approaches to value:
- Cost Approach,
- Market Approach, or
- Income Approach
BIA/Kelsey begins every project with a thorough analysis of the assignment before determining the approach that will yield the most effective valuation. We pride ourselves on the relationships we build with our clients in order to produce the most credible and defendable value possible. We provide confidence to your directors, shareholders, credit committees and loan review officers, as well as investors and attorneys.
BIA/Kelsey knows the intricacies of your industry - and, we strive to know your business to make our engagement with you successful.
BIA/Kelsey has completed the following types of valuations and appraisals:
- Valued a leading Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) company for financing purposes.
- Evaluated a joint operating agreement between two prominent communications firms in a US territory
- Provided values on a web property operating in a partnership between two local media firms
- Analyzed the impact of a Superstation carriage on a leading professional athletic association.
- Evaluated the spectrum value of the EBS licenses of dozens of schools and colleges.
- Prepared valuation of FCC licenses and testimony for a landmark case in US Tax Court using precedent-setting valuation techniques.
- Conducted an analysis of FCC "Must Carry" rules for a prominent cable television operator.
- Performed operational audits for a client with multiple radio stations to assure compliance among properties.
- Appraised potential acquisitions and prepared evaluation of stock for a leading radio industry player.
- Income Approach
To learn more about our experience, click now.
Engage BIA/Kelsey today with your business questions, and let’s explore together how we assist you with your valuations and appraisals. Contact us today at (703) 818-2425 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Curious about the transaction value and the number of stations sold monthly and year-to-date?
The Valuation of the Decade: BIA/Kelsey's Modeling and Strategic Analysis of Facebook's Financial Performance
Offering an analysis of how the Facebook valuation affects your market position and whether the company is indeed ushering in new standards for valuing media and technology companies.
Webinar Video | PDF of Slides | All Webinars